One of the most important criteria that puts digital marketing forward is that it can be measured. Tracking the transformation in advertising activities established through Google AdWords, which is one of the powerful operations that will enable you to achieve the actions you target in the field of digital marketing, is one of the most important steps that should be examined in order to measure the accuracy of the steps you have taken in the campaign and the efficiency of the budget you have allocated for the campaign.
You have successfully created and published your advertising campaign. What about the post? The actions taken by the user after interacting with your ad campaign that you opened point to the section that should not be reviewed and skipped. At this point, whether the campaign has been successful or whether an action has been taken towards your target is one of the most important criteria that concern advertisers. In order to examine the efficiency of Google AdWords ads, you can monitor the code you add to your website and the cookies assigned to the users who log in to your website, and you can examine what actions are taken by users as a result of ad clicks and initiate conversion tracking activities. Let’s look at what should be done to examine and follow these actions that we call transformation:
What is Ad Conversion?
We can call the interaction provided by users in line with your sales and marketing goals in your advertising campaigns as conversion. Measuring the conversion as a result of ads is one of the most important methods for understanding and interpreting your advertising campaign and learning that your target has been achieved.
Understanding what actions users take after interacting with your advertising campaign will show how much you have achieved your marketing or sales goal. After encountering your ad, the conversion from ads is an important criterion to follow in order to measure the actions of the target user, such as making a phone call to communicate with your brand, purchasing the product, registering for your newsletter, registering a form.
Which Actions Can Be Considered As Ad Conversion?
The conversion from advertising campaigns initiated through Google AdWords can be sales-oriented for an e-commerce brand, as well as any information and request form or phone call that will enable a brand operating in the service field to be contacted.
If we need to list the actions that can be considered as transformation:
- The number of sales and sales amounts made on the website by the target audience as a result of the advertising campaign of an e-commerce brand
- Submission of the form for detailed information about the service you provide
- The number of visitors to a page you target to be visited as a result of the advertising campaign
- Phone calls received as a result of the advertising campaign in order to communicate with your brand
- Downloading a file on your website
- Having users on your website longer than you target
How to Conversion Tracking for Google AdWords?
With a code you add to your website, conversion tracking activities will start with the cookies placed on the computers of users who click on your Google Search Network or Google Display Ads campaigns on the sites where your ads will be published or view your video ads. After the user achieves the goal you defined, the cookie assigned with the code you added will start to be noticed by the system and evaluated as a conversion.
Conversion tracking is also an activity provided for mobile devices with the code you can place in your mobile application. Conversion tracking activity for mobile devices will take place when the system recognizes the cookie assigned to the user’s mobile device through the code you add when the user clicks or views the advertisements. The conversion data you can review after setting up conversion tracking is as follows:
- Web Site: Actions taken by users who log in to your website are examined. The e-commerce site, on the other hand, can provide data such as purchasing products, and the service sector, sending a request and contact form, and being on the target page.
- Phone Calls: The phone calls coming through the advertisements you have set up, clicks on the phone section of your website, clicks from the phone number section on your mobile website can be analyzed.
- Installation of Applications and In-Application Operations: You can monitor how many users have installed your application, purchasing the product you aim for the users who download your application, and page reviews.
- Import: Activities that make a phone call as a result of your advertising campaign or after completing and sending the contact form, the activities that are transformed in an offline environment (such as negotiations, contracts and sales in the office environment).
Dwt Mandalina / Dilşat İLDİZ / Reklam Yazarı